Are you considering joining the Alix Skincare whanau? Here are some answers to the most frequently asked questions to help you take that final step...
In a nutshell, we've teamed up with an experienced and reputable chemist to ethically and sustainably design and produce a range of unique formulations that blend the most optimal concentrations of natural active materials, botanicals, aromatherapy and essential oils, antioxidants, and vitamins and minerals effective for optimum personal care.
In an even smaller nutshell, we are designed and produced right here in Aotearoa, New Zealand. No nonsense, no nasties. We promise!
You can buy right here from our online shop and we will carefully package up your items and send these out to you using our reliable courier system.
If you spend over $50, we'll give you free shipping within New Zealand.
If you spend over $100, we'll give you free shipping to Australia.
And don't forget we have our gorgeous flagship store in Paihia in the Far North of New Zealand.
We believe in doing less, but doing things better. Our regime has only two steps;
1) Gently cleanse using high-grade plant sugars with selected active materials. Once a day.
2) Moisturise using natural plant oils.
Alix also recommends using moisturiser (with an SPF) in the morning. Give up using night creams. Exfoliate occasionally.
Seriously, yes we do!
Alix supports the holistic approach to skincare so we encourage everyone to throw away their night cream.
The skin's natural body rhythm is to exhale while we sleep. Our skin doesn’t need protection at night from any harsh elements. The skin is supported during the day with the perfect nourishment of using natural, plant oils to moisturize.
Night creams are unnecessary. Your face will quickly adjust, and love the rest. Try this for three days and you'll love the newfound strength and plumpness to the feel of your skin. Instead, try drinking a glass of water; it's the most simple, effective thing you can do for your skin, especially just before sleeping.
You'll find, as we have, by supporting your skin's natural metabolism, the skin gains in strength, plumpness — it's elasticity improves and you will enjoy a natural radiance to your skin's appearance.
Harsh cleansers will often cause dryness and when your skin and/or hair is dry, damage may follow.
Plant sugars are proven to be the most gentle cleansers available on the market today. Plant sugars will not leave your skin or hair feeling dried out and stripped of its healthy oils and moisture. Nor is there a residue of fats left on the skins surface to mask the crunchy dry skin feel harsh cleansers employ.
By using 'plant sugars' — they're not only effective, gentle cleansers. They have another action, which causes them to penetrate deep into the skins fabric and take other active ingredients along with them. 'Boosting' the actives' effectiveness. They are known for being a 'delivery system'.
They also leave no residue that other cleansers are guilty of, which cause resistance to the accompanying active ingredients having an effect. Allowing Alix cleansing suds to rest on the skin while you shower, will also 'boost' the effectiveness of active ingredients.
We love using natural essential oils to perfume our product range, but in this instance, even natural perfumes are a risk.
Our facial skin is the most delicate. If you have sensitive skin or experience dark blotchy damaged pigmentation, this usually occurs from scents. Even naturally occurring phenols in essential oils can aggravate these conditions. It's a smart, first choice to eliminate scent for those of us who have sensitive or damaged pigment to our facial skin.
With Alix ultimate face oil our first priority is to nourish and protect and keep our skin naturally radiant and youthful.
It has been extensively researched and shown acne skin lacks healthy moisture and oils, especially the essential fatty acids — Omega 6 and Omega 3. By applying topically these omegas — it improves the skin, balancing the skin's moisture and oil content, and will greatly assist skin suffering from acne.
Plant seed oils are one of the richest sources of Omega 6 and 3.
1. Cleanse morning and evening using Alix Deep Pore Cleanser and rinse with plenty of water.
2. At this point, using a very hot steam flannel is most beneficial. To do this twist your flannel by holding two diagonally opposite corners and twist. Hold under the running hot water and saturate. Stop the water flow and twist the flannel as tight as possible to squeeze out all the hot water. Open the flannel to allow the steam out and hold gently against your face. This opens the pores and leaves your skin thoroughly cleansed.
3. You may desire to follow with icing your skin. Applying ice is very beneficial in the treatment of acne and is known to reduce inflammation, applying ice stops the proliferation of cell activity and is known to kill bacteria.
4. Apply Alix Acne Control on clean skin at least twice a day. You can apply Alix Acne Control as often as desired. There is no toxic backlash in the profile of the natural materials used in our Alix Acne Control. You may apply as often as desired.
5. Apply the Alix Aloe Serum as your first layer to hydrate and boost stem-cell action encouraging the skin to repair.
6. Using the Alix Face Oil to moisturise, nourish and protect your skin in the morning is recommended. Allow 15 mins before applying any make-up.
6. We recommend to keep your night regime simple. Use only the Alix Acne Control on the affected areas and follow with Alix Aloe Serum to encourage stem-cell action and hydration to help repair the skin. Leave your skin to breathe while you sleep not gooped up with heavy night creams..
7. Exfoliate once a week or as little as once a month. Use by sprinkling Alix Exfoliator Pumice Spheres into the Alix Deep Pore Cleanser. Moisten with water and exfoliate using a gentle circular motion. Rinse clean with water.
By exfoliating your skin you are sloughing off dead skin cells and encouraging new skin cells to the surface. Use cautiously if your skin is sensitive and already inflamed.
At our gorgeous flagship store in Paihia, we offer one-on-one advice on our range of products and what you can expect from them.
We also do delightful Mini Facials so you can test run the products before you buy them.
Oh, and we can't forget our magical My Perfume Bar where you get to create your own signature scent, and have a whole lot of fun doing it.